Friday, June 29, 2012

Kate Bush - RUNNING UP THAT HILL


Kate Bush - RUNNING UP THAT HILL
Originally uploaded by n69n

RUNNING UP THAT HILL
#114 in my RECORD COLLECTION series.

When we do the COURAGE pose in intenSati, I always think of the cover of Kate Bush's RUNNING UP THAT HILL single.
Arms straight & strong, chest proud, kissing the bowstring before letting the arrow of intention go out into The World.
Courage makes your aim more true.
RUNNING UP THAT HILL was the first 12" I ever got. Where did I find it in Western North Carolina in the 80's? ROSES? SKY CITY?
Somehow, I got my hands on it. I knew about Kate Bush from Night Flight, the late night video show on the USA network (where I also learned about John Waters, Divine and Will Powers).
For hours, I would sit with the big bulky headphones, trying to decipher the message over those rolling LETS-STAY-TOGETHER beats. A message of Selfless Love. A message of Courage. A message that, to this day, is just above my head.
It will always be above my head, because as I grow older, the song grows deeper in meaning.

Available as PRINT: www.redbubble.com/people/norncutson/works/9022179-running...

Available as T: www.redbubble.com/people/norncutson/works/9022179-running...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*thank you*